Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

When we use phrases such as "Aunt Mary is visiting again this week" or "Uncle Sam keeps taking all of my money" it's a wonder that our children don't think that we have relatives they've never met.  For goodness sakes Aunt Mary seems to visit once a month and Uncle Sam comes every pay day yet they've never seen them. 

Have you ever notice how kids and elderly people can say the darnedest things and every one thinks it's funny or cute, but if you were to say the exact same phrase they'd look at you like you were crazy?  Why is that?

Why is it when you're sitting in public somewhere reading a book others see that as an invite to sit down and talk to you?  Seriously people, if I wanted a conversation I wouldn't be holding a book!

I received a card from my husband on Valentine's Day that said he wanted to "kiss me all over". The card contained some XOXO stickers and instructed me to place them where I wanted him to start.  I don't know if it's the comic in me or what but the only place I want to put those stickers is all over my ass!  Guess he'll be busy for a while. LOL

Why is it that our kids know exactly how to tell us everything we want to hear and all of the right answers when we're talking to them about their choices and life decisions yet they can never do it? 

I remember being a teenager and vowing that after I grew up and was finished with high school I was never going to have children; I was never going to get up before 10am and would party all night long; I'd be rich, famous and successful by the time I was 30 and I was never going to get fat.  FAIL!!!!

Bored?  Not sure what to do with your time?  Well let's just waste it folding some origami stuff that your kids will play with for a few minutes before they tear it apart and it goes in the garbage.  I'm just joking.  But folding the origami things is quite fun. Wanna see what I folded? 

An Owl

A Butterfly

Boxes and a Bow

A Samurai Hat

The phone just rang and when I answered a man's voice said "Can I speak to the man or lady of the house?"  I replied "Sorry no one is here."  Man: "They aren't there?" Me: "No one is here." Man: "Someone is there, you just answered the phone." Me: "No I didn't."  Man: "Yes you did" Me: "Sorry, but you must be mistaken. How can someone answer the phone if no one is here?" Man: "But you just answered the phone!" Me: "Did I?" Man: "Yes!" Me: "How do you know?" Man: "Because you said 'Hello'." Me: "How can I say hello if I'm not here?"  Man: (sound of phone hanging up)..... Guess he won't be calling back. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment